Mussett Engineering Ltd is committed to the care of the environment and the prevention of pollution. In order to ensure the achievement of the above commitments, an environmental management system which satisfies the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001 is planned to be in place by 2017.
We already comply with all relevant environmental legislation, implement controls and procedures to prevent pollution and will continually improve on the impacts which the company’s operations have on the environment.
Mussett Engineering seeks to minimise waste, promote recycling, reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and, where possible, work with suppliers who themselves have sound environmental policies.
BS EN ISO 14001
ISO 14001 was first published in 1996 and specifies the actual requirements for an environmental management system. It applies to those environmental aspects which the organization has control and over which it can be expected to have an influence.
ISO 14001 is often seen as the corner stone standard of the ISO 14000 series. However, it is not only the most well known, but is the only ISO 14000 standard against which it is currently possible to be certified by an external certification authority. Having stated this, it does not itself state specific environmental performance criteria.
This standard is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system
- assure itself of its conformance with its own stated environmental policy (those policy commitments of course must be made)
- demonstrate conformance
- ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- seek certification of its environmental management system by an external third party organization
- make a self-determination of conformance